Friday, April 22, 2011

Partying for NYC!

 I've had a crazy successful time with mark. lately, and just wanted to share! Last month, I had 4 wonderful ladies agree to host mark. parties for me, to help me in my efforts to earn a mark. dream trip - attending the national sales meeting in New York City!

The parties all ended up being scheduled for the same weekend, so I was in total mark. party mode with daily parties Thursday through Sunday! One of my favorite parts of the party process is planning - I love to choose games, refreshments, and themes that my customers will enjoy, and that will give each party a slightly different feel! 

The first party happened to land on St Patrick's Day, so I made really yummy chocolate cupcakes with mint buttercream icing! After a party turn-out of only 2 guests that night, my party hostess, Katie, made it her mission to collect outside orders to help make my goal! <3

Next up was Perfect For Prom, a party to help hostess Kylie and her friends find the perfect make up looks for prom and for everyday! The fun games were the highlight of this party, and I had a blast watching the girls design prom dresses in 5 minutes, using only 1 roll of toilet paper & 5 pieces of tape!

Saturday was a housewarming party for Tasha, and she went all-out with the party food! Her taco salad was incredible, and tons of her family & friends were super supportive in helping me reach my sales goal!

Last up was Amanda's party, with the theme mark. & the City! (Special thanks to fellow mark. rep Melissa, who came up with this cute theme!) This party, based off Sex & The City, focused on fashion and fun, with cosmos, mocktails, pink cupcakes, and a game where party guests looked at photos of purses and had to guess if they were mark. purses or expensive designer bags!

The end result of all this partying involved placing 50+ separate mark. orders for my friends, family, and party guests! I had to snap a picture when UPS delivered 36 boxes to my door one morning!

 

Brody, my 3 year old son, had fun building & knocking down the tower of boxes, and my wonderful hubby helped out by unpacking each box and organizing the products for my customers!

 I have to credit my favorite show, Glee, with keeping my eyes on the prize - their version of the song Empire State of Mind is my cell phone ringtone & I think I've watched the youtube clip of the song daily since early March!

 

All my hard work with the parties was rewarded as I found out that I had the top sales in magalog 3 in my mentor group! We had a meeting with our mentor, Erica, and regional manager, Robin, where it was announced that I also had magalog 3 top sales in the entire Midwest! And as if that wasn't enough, last night on the mark. national conference call, I found out that I'll be receiving the new Patched Up Bag as a reward for being the top selling rep for magalog 3 in the NATION! Huge thank you's go out to my family, friends, and customers for helping me achieve these incredible heights, I couldn't have done it without all of you! Not bad for a small-town Minnesota girl!

A few weeks after the parties, I was having such a hard time waiting patiently for the official announcement of the winners of the NYC dream trip. I got a little teaser call from Charlene in the NYC offices, when she called to congratulate me on my outstanding sales for magalog 3! It was such a cool feeling to get that phone call from her, but I couldn't help feeling a little bummed that she wasn't also calling with the news on the trip! But the next week, I got the phone call I had been waiting for - Elena from mark. corporate called to give me the official news that I had earned the dream trip in NYC! 


Here I am sharing a slice of NY Cheesecake with fellow MN dream trip winners, April & Melissa! I'm so excited to be heading to NYC with these amazing ladies and 44 other awesome mark reps! May 19 can't come soon enough - the anticipation is driving me crazy! 

Once again, thank you SO much to my customers, friends, and family for helping me achieve these incredible accomplishments! 

I'd love to get some more mark. parties on my calendar - comment below or message me on facebook if you'd be interested in inviting some friends over to play with mark. products and earn some free gifts for yourself at the same time!

Coming soon...
mark. Mother's Day gift ideas
Shelly @ Two Classy Chics blog review of a few favorite mark. products!

1 comment:

  1. coming from two classy chic's blog!

    That pile of boxes looks like quite an order!

    ReplyDelete